The information contained in this website is supplied without liability for errors or omissions. The copyright of this site vests with
The Friends of Tamworth Castle and Museum - all rights reserved. Charity Commission for England and Wales - Registered Charity Number 1082468
Thomas Ferrers built this Hall in the late middle ages. Tree-ring dating has revealed that the original oak trees used to build the frame and roof were felled in about 1437.
Top top picture on the left: the west end of the hall.
Bottom picture on the left: the east end of hall.
Below: details of the Great Hall’s roofing trusses.