The information contained in this website is supplied without liability for errors or omissions. The copyright of this site vests with
The Friends of Tamworth Castle and Museum - all rights reserved. Charity Commission for England and Wales - Registered Charity Number 1082468
The Breakfast Parlour was built at the same time as the Withdrawing Room. In The Breakfast Parlour we meet the figure of George, 2nd Marquis Townshend. When his father died in 1807 George became the owner of the Castle and started a massive scheme of repairs which unfortunately almost bankrupted his Tamworth estate.