The information contained in this website is supplied without liability for errors or omissions. The copyright of this site vests with
The Friends of Tamworth Castle and Museum - all rights reserved. Charity Commission for England and Wales - Registered Charity Number 1082468
This is one of the oldest rooms in the Castle. It has no fire place or window so it is likely that, for much of its 800 year history, it was used as a store room. However, it may have doubled up as a prison and there are references to prisoners at Tamworth Castle in orders written by King John in 1215.
The door to the dungeon leads directly off the east side of the courtyard.